October – November 2021
Donuts with Dragons
Students with the last name beginning with A-L
➡︎Thursday October 21 ~ 7:45am
At the CES football fields
Students with the last name beginning with M-Z
➡︎Friday October 22 ~ 7:45am
At the CES football fields
Every Little Dragon is welcome to bring ONE special adult to Donuts with Dragons
RSVP information coming soon
|Oct 4-8||Parent Pal Appreciation Week|
|Oct 6||Walk to School Day|
|Oct 8||Dragon Dash Pep Rally|
|Oct 11-15||Fall Break- NO SCHOOL|
|Oct 21-22||Donuts with Dragons|
|Oct 23||Race for the Ville|
|Oct 25-29||Red Ribbon Week|
|Oct 29||DRAGON DASH|
|Nov 10||Fall Clean Up Day|
|Nov 11||Veteran’s Day Celebration|
|Nov 18||Open House & Book Fair|
|Nov 22-26||Thanksgiving Break-NO SCHOOL|
|Dec 2||Spelling Bee|
|Dec 17||1/2 Day of School|
National Walk to School Day
Cultural Arts: Reflections Contest
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “I Will Change the World By…,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. You can email the PTA Cultural Arts Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a submission guidelines and an entry form. Please return by October 1st 2021. For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
We will be giving out a sweet treat from Smallcakes Cupcakery & Creamery to every child who enters the Reflections program.
📨 A Note from Mr. Ruiz
Dear Little Dragon Family,
I am so grateful for the incredible community we have here at CES! We have amazing students who love their school, wonderful teachers and staff who care for our students every day, and fantastic parents who support the work that we do. The tragedy that happened in our community last week has reminded all of us not to take for granted the blessings that we have and the loved ones we hold close. I am so thankful to all of those who keep our students safe every day. We love our Little Dragons and count it a privilege to help them learn and grow.
It has been a fantastic first quarter here at CES! CES was announced as a Reward School by the State of Tennessee for outstanding scores in achievement and growth. Our students and teachers worked hard last year and were able to demonstrate their learning and growth – even in the middle of a pandemic. We were also able to welcome many of our students’ grandparents to CES for donuts and coffee on the football field. Many community members came to CES to read to our students for Little Dragons Love to Read Day. For Childhood Cancer Awareness Month our students were able to wear their PJs to school for a fundraiser, and as a school, we raised over $5,000 dollars to support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Growing up as a missionary kid in Taiwan, I learned to speak Chinese. I have loved teaching our students new Chinese words every week through our morning announcements. They are quick learners and will speak to me in Chinese as I walk through the halls of CES. As I have visited our classrooms, I have been so impressed with our teachers who do a fantastic job of making learning fun for our students. 2nd grade had their first annual Olympic Games as they are studying the Greek culture. The students had so much fun jumping over hurdles and running relay races! CES truly is an incredible place to be!
I am looking forward to quarter 2 and all the fun things we have planned for our students. Thank you all for your continued support. We are grateful to be partners with you in your children’s education.
All the best,
Parent Pal Week: October 4-8
📜 Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- Collierville Elementary School equips Little Dragons with the skills necessary to be successful in learning, leadership, and life.
- Collierville Elementary School will inspire every Little Dragon to be thriving and confident students who become lifelong learners and contributing citizens in their community.
- Collierville Elementary School understands the importance of the development of the whole child.
- Educators reflect upon teaching practices for the purpose of professional growth and the continued enhancement of quality instruction as well as engage in on-going professional development and work collaboratively to share the knowledge we acquire.
- All relationships matter and are essential to learning.
- Every learner is different. As educators we meet each child where they are and allow them to be active participants in their learning.
- Each of us must do our part to create a safe, respectful and positive environment that encourages learning and risk-taking.
- A commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, staff, and the community.
- Every child deserves to have someone that loves them.
- When you set high expectations, all will rise to the challenge by working hard, taking risks, and persevering.
🎯 PTA Objectives
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
2. To raise the standard of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
4. To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
5. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Red Ribbon Week: October 25-29
Giving Back Through Kroger 🛒
Follow these simple steps to register your Kroger Plus Card to give back to CES PTA.
1. Go to Kroger.com
2. Create an account or Sign-in.
3. Register your Kroger Plus Card with your account.
4. Click on “My account.”
5. Under “Account Settings” select “Community rewards.”
6. Under “Find your organization” search for Collierville Elementary 1 PTA.
After that you are ready! Now when you swipe your card you are automatically giving back to Collierville Elementary School.
October 29, 2021
🐉 Parents are welcome to come this year.
🐉 More information will come home in your students Wednesday folder.
PTA Board 2021-2022
If you have any questions about any aspect of PTA we are all are just a click away via our CES PTA emails.
|Vice President||Laura Wisemanemail@example.com|
|Community Affairs/Events||Megan Tomsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cultural Arts||Cristina Smithemail@example.com|
|Dragon Wear||Sarah Hightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Family Events||Kimberly Allenemail@example.com|
|Fundraising Events||Andrea McGheefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fundraising Sponsor||Katie Cockrellemail@example.com|
|Health & Safety||Jaime Halupnikfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parent Involvement||Whitney Throweremail@example.com|
|Special Events||Amber Bachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Lindsey Tilsonemail@example.com|
|Member at Large||Brooke McDuffy||N/A|
|Member at Large||Isabelle Giraldo||N/A|
|Member at Large||Rachel Davis||N/A|
|Member at Large||Anne Calderwood||N/A|
✏️ Box Tops for Education
Participating in the Collierville Elementary Box Tops program is one of the easiest ways to support CES. All money earned from the Box Tops program goes directly to the school. Small amounts can really add up!
No more clipping! No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the new Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
CES-PTA Volunteer Opportunity
We are so excited to be back with our Little Dragons! We may be in need of volunteers this school year pending school safety measures and health precautions. Should the opportunity arise, please consider sharing some time with us.
If you or someone you know would like to help out, please click the button below to fill out the online form.
Thanks so much!
👨👩👧👧 CES PTA Membership Form
We need your help. A strong PTA represents involved parents and families who care about their school and their community. Join the PTA today. The cost is $7.00 per membership.
Our goal is 100% membership in PTA, including parents, teachers and any adult who wants CES to be a strong, positive educational experience. The PTA provides many resources that enhance the quality of our students’ education.
You can support CES by buying one or more PTA memberships for each child you have enrolled at CES.
Click the button below to join the PTA today!
⭐️ CES PTA Sponsorship Form ⭐️
The Collierville Elementary School PTA works to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. For this to be accomplished, the financial assistance of community members is essential to reach our goals. In order to achieve our fundraising goal, we need your help. Contributions from the Collierville business community have been a tremendous value to CES. We kindly ask for your assistance this year to help us meet the educational needs of our children. Any amount you are able to donate is very much appreciated. Help our school! Help your business!
There are four levels of sponsorship available. Click below for more information about how to support CES with your sponsorship today!
A DRAGON sized THANK YOU to our Sponsors!
Nu-Life Floor Care, LLC
Collierville First Baptist Church
American Veterans Restoration
Maureen Fraser w/ John Green & Co Realtors
Ginny Mount School of Dance
Yancey Farms Partners
Dogtopia of Carriage Crossing
Joyce McKenzie w/ Crye-Leike Realtors
Ashley Wisch w/ Love Your Memphis Realty Group
Bricks and Minifigs