February – March 2023
If you would like to help with teacher lunches, snack cart, etc. but do not have time to shop or bring items to the school this is a GREAT way to contribute. Thank you for donating to the many events the PTA has throughout the year for the teachers, staff, and students!
Click the button above to donate or it can be found at the top of the PTA webpage. https://mycespta.org/
Calling all CES Alumni ~~~ Dragon Dozen Scholarship
The Dragon Dozen Scholarship is awarded annually to two Collierville High School seniors by the Collierville
Elementary School PTA. This year, the CES PTA will be offering two $1,000 scholarships. Scholarships will be paid directly to the University to which the applicant will be attending.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be considered for the Dragon Dozen Scholarship:
» Be a Dragon for their entire educational career K–12 (CES, CMS/WCMS, CHS).
» Provide three letters of recommendation: two recommendations from teachers and one from another source (volunteer work, coach, church, etc.).
» Write a 300 word essay on “What it means to be a Dragon.”
» Turn in application by Friday, March 10, 2023.
» Scholarships will be notified and awarded at the General Membership meeting on April 20, 2023 at 6:00pm.
For additional information or a scholarship packet please see the guidance counselors at CHS or email email@example.com.
|Feb 16||General Membership Meeting @ 6:00 pm|
|Feb 18||Teacher Pancake Breakfast|
|Feb 20||President’s Day- NO SCHOOL|
|Feb 23||Parent Conferences|
|Mar 3||Community Reader Day|
|Mar 6-10||Teacher Appreciation Day|
|Mar 13-17||Spring Break|
|Mar 23-24||Donuts with Dragons|
|Apr 7||Good Friday- NO SCHOOL|
|Apr 10||Professional Development Day- NO SCHOOL|
|Apr 20||General Membership Meeting @ 6:00 pm|
|Apr 22||FAIR IN THE LAIR 10a-2p|
📨 A Note from Mr. Ruiz
Dear Little Dragon Families,
Wow! What an awesome year we have had so far. It’s hard to believe we are on the downward
slope of this school year. But don’t worry – there are still many EXCITING events on the horizon!
Thank you to all the families that came out to our Family House Night. We absolutely loved sharing
with you about the CES House System and having you join us in some of our new traditions. We are
4 Houses, 1 School – YOU are a part of our family here at CES!
As we move into February, we have two more family events coming up. CES Math Night is on
Thursday, February 16 at 5 PM. Come join us for a Valentine themed night of Math games with the
family! After Math Night, join us in the gym at 6 PM for our PTA General Membership Meeting and
3rd grade performance. We will also be hosting our annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, February
18 from 7:30 – 10:30 AM. Come and join us in the CES cafeteria for a time of fellowship as the staff
at CES serves your families a delicious breakfast.
We are looking forward to a wonderful Quarter 3. Thank you to all our families for partnering with
us in educating your children. We believe that together we are better. If there is ever anything I
can do for you or your family, please do not hesitate to reach out.
J. Michael Ruiz
Fair In The Lair
Save the Date: April 22, 2023 10:00am-2:00pm
Have a nomination for the PTA for 2023-2024?
Click the link below to print a nomination form.
📜 Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- At Collierville Elementary School, we surround our Little Dragons with love, hold them to high expectations, and engage them in rigorous instruction.
- At Collierville Elementary School, we will forge Little Dragons who demonstrate strong character, a love for learning, and serve as future leaders.
- Collierville Elementary School understands the importance of the development of the whole child.
- Educators reflect upon teaching practices for the purpose of professional growth and the continued enhancement of quality instruction as well as engage in on-going professional development and work collaboratively to share the knowledge we acquire.
- All relationships matter and are essential to learning.
- Every learner is different. As educators we meet each child where they are and allow them to be active participants in their learning.
- Each of us must do our part to create a safe, respectful and positive environment that encourages learning and risk-taking.
- A commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, staff, and the community.
- Every child deserves to have someone that loves them.
- When you set high expectations, all will rise to the challenge by working hard, taking risks, and persevering.
🎯 PTA Objectives
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
2. To raise the standard of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
4. To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
5. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Giving Back Through Kroger 🛒
Follow these simple steps to register your Kroger Plus Card to give back to CES PTA.
1. Go to Kroger.com
2. Create an account or Sign-in.
3. Register your Kroger Plus Card with your account.
4. Click on “My account.”
5. Under “Account Settings” select “Community rewards.”
6. Under “Find your organization” search for Collierville Elementary 1 PTA.
After that you are ready! Now when you swipe your card you are automatically giving back to Collierville Elementary School.
🐝 Spelling Bee Representatives 🐝
PTA Board 2022-2023
If you have any questions about any aspect of PTA we are all are just a click away via our CES PTA emails.
|Vice President||Amanda Cantrellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Affairs/Events||Andrea McGheeemail@example.com|
|Cultural Arts||Cristina Ayala Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dragon Wear||Brittany Stregeremail@example.com|
|Family Events||Autumn Freidelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fundraising Events||Jaime Halupnikemail@example.com|
|Fundraising Sponsor||Katie Cockrellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health & Safety||Sarah Hightemail@example.com|
|Parent Involvement||Lydia Farmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Special Events||Amber Bachemail@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Tenoria Westfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member at Large||Whitney Thrower||N/A|
|Member at Large||Ashley Wagner||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
✏️ Box Tops for Education
Participating in the Collierville Elementary Box Tops program is one of the easiest ways to support CES. All money earned from the Box Tops program goes directly to the school. Small amounts can really add up!
No more clipping! No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the new Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
CES-PTA Volunteer Opportunity
We are so excited to be back with our Little Dragons! We may be in need of volunteers this school year pending school safety measures and health precautions. Should the opportunity arise, please consider sharing some time with us.
If you or someone you know would like to help out, please click the button below to fill out the online form.
Thanks so much!
Donuts with Dragons
Students with the last name beginning with M-Z
➡︎Thursday March 23 ~ 7:45am
At the CES football fields
Students with the last name beginning with A-L
➡︎Friday March 24 ~ 7:45am
At the CES football fields
Every Little Dragon is welcome to bring ONE special adult to Donuts with Dragons
RSVP information coming soon
👨👩👧👧 CES PTA Membership Form
We need your help. A strong PTA represents involved parents and families who care about their school and their community. Join the PTA today. The cost is $7.00 per membership.
Our goal is 100% membership in PTA, including parents, teachers and any adult who wants CES to be a strong, positive educational experience. The PTA provides many resources that enhance the quality of our students’ education.
You can support CES by buying one or more PTA memberships for each child you have enrolled at CES.
Click the button below to join the PTA today!
⭐️ CES PTA Sponsorship Form ⭐️
The Collierville Elementary School PTA works to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. For this to be accomplished, the financial assistance of community members is essential to reach our goals. In order to achieve our fundraising goal, we need your help. Contributions from the Collierville business community have been a tremendous value to CES. We kindly ask for your assistance this year to help us meet the educational needs of our children. Any amount you are able to donate is very much appreciated. Help our school! Help your business!
There are four levels of sponsorship available. Click below for more information about how to support CES with your sponsorship today!
A DRAGON sized THANK YOU to our Sponsors!
•Republic Roofing & Restoration
•Maureen Fraser with John Green & Co Realtors
•American Veterans Restoration
•M&M Roofing, LLC
•Ginny Mount School of Dance
•Collierville First Baptist Church
•Your Window Guy
•Collierville Vision Center
•Joyce McKenzie with Crye-Leike Realtors
•Choate’s HVAC & Plumbing
•Bricks & Minifigs
•Chris Woods Construction Co Inc
•Saddle Creek Orthodontics
•Brad & Keri Blair
•Urgent Care for Children