April – May 2023
If you would like to help with teacher lunches, snack cart, etc. but do not have time to shop or bring items to the school this is a GREAT way to contribute. Thank you for donating to the many events the PTA has throughout the year for the teachers, staff, and students!
Click the button above to donate or it can be found at the top of the PTA webpage. https://mycespta.org/
Memphis in May Day
Each year, Memphis in May International Festival aims to bring the world to Memphis and Memphis to the world. Collierville Elementary students will be celebrating Memphis in May International Festival with “Memphis in May Day” on Friday, May 5th, 2023.
This year, the Memphis in May International Festival is excited to celebrate Malaysia. Memphis in May Day is the perfect chance to help students explore another country’s history, culture, geography, politics and lifestyle.
If you have any questions please contact Cristina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apr 7||Good Friday -NO SCHOOL|
|Apr 10||NO SCHOOL|
|Apr 20||General Membership Meeting 6:00pm|
in the CES gym
|Apr 22||Fair In The Lair |
|Apr 27||Kindergarten Kick Off|
|May 5||Memphis in May Day|
|May 11 – 12||Field Day|
|May 17||Kindergarten Program|
|May 19||5th grade program & dance|
|May 24||1/2 Day of School before SUMMER!|
PTA General Membership Meeting📝
6:00 PM in the CES GYM
Dragon Dozen Scholarships, Cultural Arts Awards,
2023-2024 PTA board announced, PTA Awards
📨 A Note from Mr. Ruiz
Dear Little Dragon Families,
It’s hard to believe that we are in the last quarter of the 22-23 school year. When I look back
on this school year, I am so proud of all that we have accomplished as a school community. We
started with a common vision – to forge Little Dragons who demonstrate strong character, a
love for learning, and serve as future leaders. This vision led us to implementing a House
System from the ground up. It took a great deal of time and effort from so many to make this
vision a reality. And WOW have our expectations been blown out of the water. The impact our
House System has had on our students, staff, and community has been immense. We are so
proud of what we have accomplished.
Coming up April 17 – April 25, students in 2 nd through 5 th grade will be taking the end of the year
State Assessment: TCAP. Please do your best to make sure your child is well prepared each day
by ensuring they get a good night’s sleep, eat a balanced breakfast, and arrive to school on
time. Let’s set our students up for success. This is a time for our students to show what they
know. I could not be prouder of the fact that our teachers have continued to teach with
excellence and prepare our students for the future. While I hope all our students do their very
best on the assessments, no test can measure the incredible growth they have shown. They
have been through tough times and have come out more resilient, more compassionate, and
ready to take on the world.
We have some exciting events coming up this last quarter! I am looking forward to Fair in the
Lair on April 22 – a day of fun, games, bouncy houses, a silent auction, and food! We will also
have our first ever House Field Day! Students will be able to earn points for their houses
throughout the games and activities. I am so grateful for our incredible PTA and CES staff who
make these events possible.
As we look to the 23-24 school year, we look forward to even more incredible things as we
continue to build a community school where we surround our Little Dragons with love and an
I hope all our families have an incredible last quarter and summer vacation! Be safe, have fun,
and we can’t wait to see all of you next fall.
Fair In The Lair
Save the Date: April 22, 2023 10am-2pm
PTA Volunteer Form for 2023-2024
📜 Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- At Collierville Elementary School, we surround our Little Dragons with love, hold them to high expectations, and engage them in rigorous instruction.
- At Collierville Elementary School, we will forge Little Dragons who demonstrate strong character, a love for learning, and serve as future leaders.
- Collierville Elementary School understands the importance of the development of the whole child.
- Educators reflect upon teaching practices for the purpose of professional growth and the continued enhancement of quality instruction as well as engage in on-going professional development and work collaboratively to share the knowledge we acquire.
- All relationships matter and are essential to learning.
- Every learner is different. As educators we meet each child where they are and allow them to be active participants in their learning.
- Each of us must do our part to create a safe, respectful and positive environment that encourages learning and risk-taking.
- A commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, staff, and the community.
- Every child deserves to have someone that loves them.
- When you set high expectations, all will rise to the challenge by working hard, taking risks, and persevering.
🎯 PTA Objectives
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
2. To raise the standard of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
4. To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
5. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Giving Back Through Kroger 🛒
Follow these simple steps to register your Kroger Plus Card to give back to CES PTA.
1. Go to Kroger.com
2. Create an account or Sign-in.
3. Register your Kroger Plus Card with your account.
4. Click on “My account.”
5. Under “Account Settings” select “Community rewards.”
6. Under “Find your organization” search for Collierville Elementary 1 PTA.
After that you are ready! Now when you swipe your card you are automatically giving back to Collierville Elementary School.
🏀🏸🏆 Field Day ⚽️🏓👟
Field Day Times:
Thursday, May 11
9:30-10:45 -1st Grade
1:30-2:45- 3rd Grade
Friday, May 12
9:30-10:45 – Kindergarten
11:15-12:30 – 4th Grade
1:30-2:45 – 2nd Grade
PTA Board 2022-2023
If you have any questions about any aspect of PTA we are all are just a click away via our CES PTA emails.
|Vice President||Amanda Cantrellemail@example.com|
|Community Affairs/Events||Andrea McGheefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cultural Arts||Cristina Ayala Smithemail@example.com|
|Dragon Wear||Brittany Stregerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Family Events||Autumn Freidelemail@example.com|
|Fundraising Events||Jaime Halupnikfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fundraising Sponsor||Katie Cockrellemail@example.com|
|Health & Safety||Sara Hightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parent Involvement||Lydia Farmeremail@example.com|
|Special Events||Amber Bachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Tenoria Westemail@example.com|
|Member at Large||Whitney Thrower||N/A|
|Member at Large||Ashley Wagner||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
✏️ Box Tops for Education
Participating in the Collierville Elementary Box Tops program is one of the easiest ways to support CES. All money earned from the Box Tops program goes directly to the school. Small amounts can really add up!
No more clipping! No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the new Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
CES-PTA Volunteer Opportunity
We are so excited to be back with our Little Dragons! We may be in need of volunteers this school year pending school safety measures and health precautions. Should the opportunity arise, please consider sharing some time with us.
If you or someone you know would like to help out, please click the button below to fill out the online form.
Thanks so much!
👨👩👧👧 CES PTA Membership Form
We need your help. A strong PTA represents involved parents and families who care about their school and their community. Join the PTA today. The cost is $7.00 per membership.
Our goal is 100% membership in PTA, including parents, teachers and any adult who wants CES to be a strong, positive educational experience. The PTA provides many resources that enhance the quality of our students’ education.
You can support CES by buying one or more PTA memberships for each child you have enrolled at CES.
Click the button below to join the PTA today!
⭐️ CES PTA Sponsorship Form ⭐️
The Collierville Elementary School PTA works to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. For this to be accomplished, the financial assistance of community members is essential to reach our goals. In order to achieve our fundraising goal, we need your help. Contributions from the Collierville business community have been a tremendous value to CES. We kindly ask for your assistance this year to help us meet the educational needs of our children. Any amount you are able to donate is very much appreciated. Help our school! Help your business!
There are four levels of sponsorship available. Click below for more information about how to support CES with your sponsorship today!
A DRAGON sized THANK YOU to our Sponsors!
•Republic Roofing & Restoration
•Maureen Fraser with John Green & Co Realtors
•American Veterans Restoration
•M&M Roofing, LLC
•Ginny Mount School of Dance
•Collierville First Baptist Church
•Your Window Guy
•Collierville Vision Center
•Joyce McKenzie with Crye-Leike Realtors
•Choate’s HVAC & Plumbing
•Bricks & Minifigs
•Chris Woods Construction Co Inc
•Saddle Creek Orthodontics
•Brad & Keri Blair
•Urgent Care for Children