📨 A Note from Mr. Ruiz
Dear Little Dragon Families,
Welcome back to school! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful summer and found time to make some lasting memories with your loved ones. We at CES are excited about the start of a new school year! Our faculty and staff have been hard at work to build some new and exciting traditions for our students. Last year, many of our teachers traveled to the Ron Clark Academy, an innovative and highly engaging school, where we learned about how a house system can help ALL students feel connected, increase confidence and motivation, and prepare them for the future. We are excited to bring the house system to CES this fall and can’t wait to share more details with you soon.
As a faculty, we also updated our mission and vision, and we are excited to share that with you.
Our MISSION: At Collierville Elementary School we surround our Little Dragons with love, hold them to high expectations, and engage them in rigorous instruction.
Our VISION: At Collierville Elementary School we will forge Little Dragons who demonstrate strong character, a love for learning, and serve as future leaders.
We are excited to welcome some new faces to CES! We will be sharing more about these new Dragons through our social media accounts and through ParentSquare. Be on the lookout!
- August 8 – First day of school for grades 1-5
- August 8-11 – Kindergarten screenings and stagger week
- August 15 – First day of school for kindergarten
- August 15 @ 9:15am – Kindergarten Coffee (for all K parents) in the cafeteria
- August 18 @5:30pm – Back to School Night
- August 25 & 26 – Fall Pictures
- August 29 – September 2 – House Hype Week!
- September 2 – House Sorting Ceremony!
I consider it a great honor to be serving as the principal of Collierville Elementary School. I look forward to continuing the tradition of academic excellence and creating an environment where our students feel loved and accepted. If I can be of help in any way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to another incredible year!
J. Michael Ruiz
📜 Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- At Collierville Elementary School we surround our Little Dragons with love, hold them high expectations, and engage them in rigorous instruction.
- At Collierville Elementary School we will forge Little Dragons who demonstrate strong character, a love for learning, and serve as future leaders.
- Collierville Elementary School understands the importance of the development of the whole child.
- Educators reflect upon teaching practices for the purpose of professional growth and the continued enhancement of quality instruction as well as engage in on-going professional development and work collaboratively to share the knowledge we acquire.
- All relationships matter and are essential to learning.
- Every learner is different. As educators we meet each child where they are and allow them to be active participants in their learning.
- Each of us must do our part to create a safe, respectful and positive environment that encourages learning and risk-taking.
- A commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, staff, and the community.
- Every child deserves to have someone that loves them.
- When you set high expectations, all will rise to the challenge by working hard, taking risks, and persevering.
🎯 PTA Objectives
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
2. To raise the standard of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
4. To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
5. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
💰 Impact Grants
In 2011, the CES-PTA began the IMPACT Grant Program. IMPACT Grants are awarded to CES faculty every year to provide additional support to CES students. Each year the CES-PTA hosts the annual Fair in the Lair/Book-fair along with all Dragonwear sales to provide funding for the IMPACT program.
Great news! We will be awarding IMPACT Grants to CES faculty totaling $20,350 with an additional $6500 that is new this year and will go towards grade level recess equipment. 🎉 These grants will have a profound impact on your students. Thank you for supporting these events and this important initiative at CES.
CES faculty can pick up a reimbursement sheet in the lounge and turn them in to the Treasurer’s PTA box. Please reach out to Heather Summers for more details or any questions. Treasurer@mycespta.org.
CES-PTA Treasurer 2022-2023
Giving Back Through Kroger 🛒
Follow these simple steps to register your Kroger Plus Card to give back to CES PTA.
1. Go to Kroger.com
2. Create an account or Sign-in.
3. Register your Kroger Plus Card with your account.
4. Click on “My account.”
5. Under “Account Settings” select “Community rewards.”
6. Under “Find your organization” search for Collierville Elementary 1 PTA.
After that you are ready! Now when you swipe your card you are automatically giving back to Collierville Elementary School.
👩🏫 Welcome New Little Dragon Faculty and Staff 👨🏫
- Katie Gabb – Art
- Erica Gilmer – 5th Grade
- Sean Greene – PE
- Natalie Jewell – Occupational Therapist
- Cher Johnson – 4th Grade
- Jennifer King – Kindergarten
- Erika Myers – Nutrition Tech
- Clint Petrowski – Plant Manager
- Melissa Polly – Kindergarten
- Beth Prieur – Parent & Community Involvement Coordinator
- Lauren Pumphrey – 2nd Grade Interim
- Allyson Ruddick – 3rd Grade Interim
- Megan Schubert – Kindergarten
- Katy Thomas – Kindergarten
- Elizabeth Whitby – 5th Grade
- Sherrell Wiseman – Attendance Operator
Students are allowed on campus beginning at 8:40 a.m. All external doors are locked promptly at 9:00 a.m. After 8:59 a.m. you cannot drop your child off on campus – you must escort your child to the office for check-in. Dismissal will begin promptly at 4:00 p.m. each day.
Car riders enter and exit in the rear parking lot. Returning families, please continue to use your car rider numbers from last year. New families will were assigned car rider numbers on Orientation Day. The car rider line begins on White Road, turns onto Carruthers, and then turns left on Burrows (see map). You will enter the parking lot from there. There is NO LEFT TURN from White Road or Burrows to Burrows during car rider line. Parents, please DO NOT turn left into the line in the mornings or afternoons. Please proceed down White Road and, if necessary, down Hermitage Trail until you reach the end of the line. Interrupting the line will cause a slow down in the process. PTA volunteers will be out to help direct traffic. During drop-off and pick-up please postpone any phone calls while waiting in the car line. During pick-up we are required to place your child in the back seat.
Bus riders enter and exit at the North side of the building (K-1 Hall).
Walkers / Bike Riders
Walkers/bike riders enter and exit at the end of the building closest to their home, North (K-1 Hall) or South (2-3 Hall). No students should be walking in front of the building on Peterson Lake Road.
PTA Board 2021-2022
If you have any questions about any aspect of PTA we are all are just a click away via our CES PTA emails.
|Past President||Milly Mountemail@example.com|
|Vice President||Amanda Cantrellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Affairs/Events||Andrea McGheeemail@example.com|
|Cultural Arts||Cristina Ayala Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dragon Wear||Brittany Stregeremail@example.com|
|Family Events||Autumn Friedelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fundraising Events||Jamie Halupnik/ |
|Fundraising Sponsor||Katie Cockrellemail@example.com|
|Health & Safety||Sarah Hightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parent Involvement||Beth Prieur/|
|Special Events||Amber Bachemail@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Tenoria Westfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member at Large||Whitney Thrower||N/A|
|Member at Large||Ashley Wagner||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
✏️ Box Tops for Education
Participating in the Collierville Elementary Box Tops program is one of the easiest ways to support CES. All money earned from the Box Tops program goes directly to the school. Small amounts can really add up!
No more clipping! No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the new Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
CES-PTA Volunteer Opportunity
We are so excited to be back with our Little Dragons! We may be in need of volunteers this school year pending school safety measures and health precautions. Should the opportunity arise, please consider sharing some time with us.
If you or someone you know would like to help out, please click the button below to fill out the online form.
Thanks so much!
👨👩👧👧 CES PTA Membership Form
We need your help. A strong PTA represents involved parents and families who care about their school and their community. Join the PTA today. The cost is $7.00 per membership.
Our goal is 100% membership in PTA, including parents, teachers and any adult who wants CES to be a strong, positive educational experience. The PTA provides many resources that enhance the quality of our students’ education.
You can support CES by buying one or more PTA memberships for each child you have enrolled at CES.
Click the button below to join the PTA today!
⭐️ CES PTA Sponsorship Form ⭐️
The Collierville Elementary School PTA works to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. For this to be accomplished, the financial assistance of community members is essential to reach our goals. In order to achieve our fundraising goal, we need your help. Contributions from the Collierville business community have been a tremendous value to CES. We kindly ask for your assistance this year to help us meet the educational needs of our children. Any amount you are able to donate is very much appreciated. Help our school! Help your business!
There are four levels of sponsorship available. Click below for more information about how to support CES with your sponsorship today!