A Message from the Principal
The Little Dragon Family,
We’re heading into the busiest time of the year, both at home and school. While this has been a first semester filled with a variety of emotions, we are grateful to be back in the building and see so many smiling faces each day. As we begin to go through the fall season, I started thinking about all the things I am thankful for at Collierville Elementary.
- I am thankful for our students that have made the most out of a difficult situation. We really underestimated how well they would do with social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask all day! They have been rock stars!!! Our students that are in the building are doing everything they can to ensure they keep themselves and others safe.
- I am thankful for all the work our virtual students are doing at home as well. They get up every day and use their device to learn in new and exciting ways. I’ve heard nothing but great things from the teachers in our district that have CES students. Y’all are making the entire Little Dragon Family proud!
- I am thankful for parents that love their kids and want the best for their education. I’m thankful that our parents trust us to teach their child, keep their child safe, and help them get through a time filled with uncertainty. I’m grateful for the parent that’s able to help their child with their homework each night and for the parent that’s working a double shift so their child can have experiences they never did. This year I have also learned a new appreciation for the parent that is working at home with their child so they don’t fall behind. YOU are making a difference!
- I am thankful for a staff that puts their love for children first. For a staff that realizes students are coming from a variety of different places right now and need a safe place to learn. I am thankful for those teachers that continue to teach even though they don’t get the pay or thanks they deserve. I am thankful that no matter how they have to teach our kids, our teachers are constantly learning, growing, and adapting to do what’s best for students.
- I am thankful for a PTA that does more behind the scenes than anyone could ever know. For people that take time away from work and their families to volunteer to help with events, raise money for our school, and honor our teachers. I am thankful for parents who are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure every Little Dragon has an amazing experience at Collierville E.
- I am thankful for para professionals (you may know them as assistants), both regular ed. and special ed., that do whatever is asked of them and so much more to keep things running smoothly. These people work so hard and go above and beyond each day to ensure CES is the best school it can be.
- I am thankful for an office staff that greets every parent with a smile. They do anything that’s asked of them and so many other things, like staying late to ensure every child has made it home safely.
- I am thankful for Officer Loggins and to the Collierville Police Department for providing an officer to keep our school safe. Officer Loggins makes it a priority to interact with all students and helps out with all sorts of things around the building. He truly has the heart of a dragon!
- I am thankful for three assistant principals that live out, “Dragons Support Dragons.” They are an encouragement to so many people and sacrifice so much to ensure our kids have the best experience possible.
I know there are people I have missed, and I could go on and on about the people that make a difference in the Little Dragon family. I want to encourage you to take some time out of your busy schedule and send one thank you note to someone at the school. You never know when you’re going to be the encouragement that person needs.
Every Dragon. Every Day.
A Message from the PTA President
It has been such a great start to the school year. Our teachers and students (in person and CVA) have adapted so well to everything thrown at them. It has not always been easy, but our Little Dragons have proven to be ready, respectful, and responsible even during the weirdest year ever.
We have started planning for Dragon Dash! It will be held October 30 during the school day. We have made plans to allow for social distancing, and we invite our CVA students to join us virtually. We truly hope to provide a fun day for our students and raise money in the process. All the money we raise during DD goes directly back into the school. There will be more information coming home soon!
Thank you to our Little Dragon Corporate Sponsors. We have many community business members who have graciously pledged their financial support for our school. Every year it amazes me how generous our community is, especially this year. Stop by these businesses, and let them know the little dragon students appreciate them.
Have you paid your $7 per person membership dues this school year? It is our yearly goal to have 100% participation school-wide. Allyson McLean can give you a classroom update as to how close you are to 100%. Drop her an email: email@example.com. You can also sign up for PTA memberships online at: mycespta.org.
The cultural arts Reflections contest, Parent Pal week, and Teacher Treat Carts are a few other things we are excited about offering this semester. Check out our Facebook page for more information, and look for blue papers in your child’s folder. As always, please reach out with any ideas or concerns you may have.
Maroon and White,
A HUGE Thank you to our 2020/2021 Corporate Sponsors
Michael Green, John Green & Co., REALTORS
Ginny Mount School of Dance
Maureen Fraser, John Green & Co., REALTORS
Carrie Moore, Allstate Insurance
Bricks and Minifigs
Nu-Life Floor Care, LLC
Collierville First Baptist Church
Choate’s Air Conditioning, Heating, & Plumbing
STIX – Hibachi, Sushi, Asian Restaurant
Pace Lawn and Landscape
Yancey Farms Partners
John Worley Builders
||Parent Pal Week
||Teacher Treat Cart
||Fall Break – No School
||Red Ribbon Week
||Election Day – No School
||Teacher Treat Cart
||Thanksgiving Break – No School
||Teacher Treat Cart
||1/2 Day of School
Red Ribbon Week 2020
What is Red Ribbon Week?
It is an ideal way for people and communities to unite and take a visible stand against drugs. Show your personal commitment to a drug-free lifestyle through the symbol of the Red Ribbon. Collierville Elementary will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week October 26 – October 30, 2020.
The Red Ribbon Campaign was started when drug traffickers in Mexico City murdered DEA agent Kiki Camarena in 1985. This began the continuing tradition of displaying Red Ribbons as a symbol of intolerance towards the use of drugs. The mission of the Red Ribbon Campaign is to present a unified and visible commitment towards the creation of a DRUG-FREE AMERICA.
During Red Ribbon Week, our CES Little Dragons will be able to show their support and take a visible stand against drugs by participating in the following dress up days.
(PLEASE NOTE: Dragon Dash and Red Ribbon Week are the same week this year so the dress up days are the same!)
|Monday, October 26
||“Red-y to be Drug Free!” (Wear Red)
|Tuesday, October 27
||Team Up Against Drugs! (Wear your favorite team gear)
|Wednesday, October 28
||Stay Drug Free to Follow Your Dreams! (Wear Pajamas)
|Thursday, October 29
||Drugs are Scary! Just Say No! – (Wear your Halloween Costume no weapons or scary costumes, please)
|Friday, October 30
||Dragon Dash Away From Drugs! – Wear your class t-shirt
Contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Collierville Elementary School PTA wants to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. Keeping them competitive in today’s environment is of great value to everyone. For this to be accomplished, it will require the financial assistance from the members of our community.
The PTA sponsors two fundraisers each year. Our major fundraiser is our Dragon Dash, which will take place on October 30. Our children are raising funds for their school while focusing on physical fitness. All of the funds raised will stay with Collierville Elementary School. Dragon Dash will partner with Get Movin’ Crew again as our virtual fundraising platform. More details on how to get your child set-up will be coming soon.
Social Distancing guidelines will be followed. Because of this, parents will not be allowed to come. Classes will have staggered start times to minimize contact.
CVA students will also have an opportunity to participate in a virtual run. These instructions will be emailed out a couple weeks prior to the event date.
Let’s get excited about Dragon Dash 2020!
More details to come!
Unfortunately, due to social distancing we will not be having our normal, in-person Walk to School Day on October 7 . However, we would love for our CVA students to email us a picture of them “walking to school” (their couch, kitchen table, etc.) to be used in the yearbook and social media.
Thank y’all for participating!
Fall Dragon Wear
National PTA Reflections Contest
The Reflections Program provides students from across the country the opportunity to be creative in developing artwork in any (or all) of six art categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts. Students work on their own to create artwork which best relates their vision of a theme which is
“I Matter Because…”
There are multiple levels at which the students may be recognized for their work, including Collierville Elementary PTA, Tennessee, and ultimately, for the best in each category for each division, National.
Interested? Please complete this interest form and submit back to your child’s teacher.
Students will then receive an entry form with guidelines for participation for their selected category of interest.
For questions, please contact Anne at email@example.com.
Teacher Braggin’ Dragons
We all know we have the best teachers around! We are switching things up this year and giving the kids an opportunity to brag on the lead Dragons for all their hard work and dedication each and every day. It’s been a challenging year, but our teachers and staff continue to go above and beyond to serve our kids and families. What a great opportunity to teach the kids to keep fighting for the good, keep being kind, keep caring and showing love. Send in this Braggin’ Dragon to the front office bragging on a teacher or staff member. We will display them in the teacher’s lounge on a bulletin board and give them to the teacher after it has been displayed.
Click Here to Download Printable Braggin’ Dragons.
Teacher Amazon Wishlists
The Collierville Elementary PTA is teaming up with our school’s faculty to help supply our classrooms and to provide an easy way to gift our teachers. Click the image above or click here to be directed to our teacher directory to view their Amazon Wishlist. By using the provided Smile.Amazon link, 0.5% of your purchase will also be given back to Collierville Elementary PTA. This will provide even more opportunites for our school!
Thank you so much for your support and appreciation!
Tennessee PTA Life Achievement Award
The Tennessee PTA Life Achievement Award is the highest honor form Tennessee PTA.
It is given to a person who acts as a tireless advocate for children’s education, health, and well-being and exemplifies the mission of PTA.
This recognition and thanks is to that special person who goes above and beyond for all children.
In 2020 we are proud to award this honor to two individuals.
Mrs. Sherre Perez
Mr. Michael Green
We thank you both for your dedication and commitment to the CES-PTA and the little dragons.
CES-PTA Volunteer Opportunity
We may be in need of PTA volunteers this school year pending social distancing guidelines, school safety measures and health precautions. Should the opportunity arise, please consider sharing some time with us.
If you or someone you know would like to help out, please fill out the online form.
We will also try to post any available opportunities via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Thanks so much!
Join the PTA of Collierville Elementary School
For sixty years, Collierville Elementary has provided the students of the community with an outstanding education. The faculty, staff, and administration consistently receive straight A’s on their school report card. This school is still strong in providing quality education and it’s located just down the street from your house. It’s up to us as a community to help keep CES the strong educational institution it is.
The PTA at Collierville Elementary has many areas where we need extra parental support. Most of the events that your child participates in are provided with help through the PTA. All funds raised by the CES-PTA help provide items that enrich your child’s education—from reading materials to advancements in technology. The PTA plays a vital role at your child’s school.
The PTA also provides many opportunities to serve our community and students. Our volunteer staff helps monitor the cafeteria, make copies for the teachers every week in the copy room, provide meals at various functions through our hospitality committee, take care of the school grounds through our beautification committee, and provide first aid and assistance to students in the school health room.
We need your help. A strong PTA represents involved parents and families who care about their school and their community. Join the PTA today. The cost is $7.00 per membership.
Our Goal: 100% Membership
Where does the money go?
|National PTA Dues
|State PTA Dues
You can feel out this online form OR send in your membership fees with your student in an envelope marked CES-PTA Membership.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
CES PTA Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
The Collierville Elementary School PTA works to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. For this to be accomplished, the financial assistance of community members is essential to reach our goals. In order to achieve our fundraising goal, we need your help. Contributions from the Collierville business community have been a tremendous value to CES. We kindly ask for your assistance this year to help us meet the educational needs of our children. Any amount you are able to donate is very much appreciated. Help our school! Help your business!
Five Levels of Sponsorship
*Platinum Sponsor ($1,250): Receives name on plaque posted in the school, recognition at our general meetings, a sign near car rider line, space on the Dragon Dash t-shirt, banner at PTA sponsored events, recognition in Dragon Flyer & CES PTA website
*Gold Sponsor ($600): Receives a sign near car rider line, space on the Dragon Dash t-shirt, recognition at PTA sponsored events, recognition in Dragon Flyer & CES PTA website
*Silver Sponsor ($400): Receives space on the Dragon Dash t-shirt, recognition at PTA sponsored events, recognition in Dragon Flyer & CES PTA website
*Bronze Sponsor ($250): Receives recognition at PTA sponsored events, recognition in Dragon Flyer & CES PTA website
*General Sponsor ($100): Receives recognition in Dragon Flyer & CES PTA website
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A SPONSOR
Giving Back Through Kroger
Follow these simple steps to register your Kroger Plus Card to give back to CES PTA.
1. Go to Kroger.com
2. Create an account or Sign-in.
3. Register your Kroger Plus Card with your account.
4. Click on “My account.”
5. Under “Account Settings” select “Community rewards.”
6. Under “Find your organization” search for Collierville Elementary 1 PTA.
After that you are ready! Now when you swipe your card you are automatically giving back to Collierville Elementary School.
Box Tops for Education
Participating in the Collierville Elementary Box Tops program is one of the easiest ways to support CES. All money earned from the Box Tops program goes directly to the school. Small amounts can really add up!
No more clipping! No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the new Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
What’s Been Happening!
Before students came back, PTA members painted an obstacle course outside for recess use. Here is Blister showing off how fast he can make it through!
Teacher Treat Carts
A HUGE thank you to Hewlett & Dunn Boot & Jean Co. for providing dinner for our teachers during Parent /Teacher conferences!
2020 – 2021 Collierville Elementary School PTA Board
CES Mission and Vision
Collierville Elementary School equips Little Dragons with the skills necessary to be successful in learning, leadership,and life.
Collierville Elementary School will inspire every Little Dragon to be thriving and confident students who become life learners and contributing citizens in their community.
Collierville Elementary School understands the importance of the development of the whole child.
Educators reflect upon teaching practices for the purpose of professional growth and the continued enhancement of quality instruction as well as engage in on-going professional development and work collaboratively to share the knowledge we acquire.
All relationships matter and are essential to learning. Every learner is different. As educators
we meet each child where they are and allow them to be active participants in their learning.
Each of us must do our part to create a safe, respectful and positive environment that encourages learning and risk-taking.
A commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, staff, and the community.
Every child deserves to have someone that loves them.
When you set high expectations, all will rise to the challenge by working hard, taking risks, and persevering.
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
2. To raise the standard of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
4. To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
5. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure
for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual