Summer Edition 2022
📨 A Note from Mr. Ruiz
Dear Little Dragon Families,
Thank you all for a wonderful school year! Though we began with some challenges, our community always remained focused on what is most important: our students. We aim to create an environment at CES where all students feel safe and loved. When you walk the halls of CES, you will see children and adults who are smiling and excited to be at school. You will see parents volunteering and investing their time and energy into helping CES be exceptional for the students and staff. We are an incredible school because of the people who make up our Little Dragon community.
As we head off into summer, we hope that our students and families will find time to have fun and recharge. Play is so important for a child’s development, and we hope our students have plenty of time to do just that. Our teachers and staff have been hard at work to bring some new and exciting things to CES next year! We can’t wait to share with you our vision and journey for the future of CES.
Thank you for your partnership in your child’s education. At CES we believe that every dragon has a story, and we thank you for sharing your stories with us. If we can ever be of assistance to you and your child, please do not hesitate to reach out. We know that together we are better!
Wishing all of our Little Dragons a wonderful, safe summer!
All the best,
Collierville Elementary School has two options available to purchase school supplies for the 2022-2023 school year.
1 – Purchase supplies yourself at your retailer of choice. The above pictures provide a guide on what items to purchase based on your student’s grade.
2-Purchase the pre-packaged Kidz School Box through Knowledge Tree. Please click on the link below to place your order.
Coming August 2022…
📜 Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- Collierville Elementary School equips Little Dragons with the skills necessary to be successful in learning, leadership, and life.
- Collierville Elementary School will inspire every Little Dragon to be thriving and confident students who become lifelong learners and contributing citizens in their community.
- Collierville Elementary School understands the importance of the development of the whole child.
- Educators reflect upon teaching practices for the purpose of professional growth and the continued enhancement of quality instruction as well as engage in on-going professional development and work collaboratively to share the knowledge we acquire.
- All relationships matter and are essential to learning.
- Every learner is different. As educators we meet each child where they are and allow them to be active participants in their learning.
- Each of us must do our part to create a safe, respectful and positive environment that encourages learning and risk-taking.
- A commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, staff, and the community.
- Every child deserves to have someone that loves them.
- When you set high expectations, all will rise to the challenge by working hard, taking risks, and persevering.
🎯 PTA Objectives
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
2. To raise the standard of home life.
3. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
4. To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
5. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Giving Back Through Kroger 🛒
Follow these simple steps to register your Kroger Plus Card to give back to CES PTA.
1. Go to Kroger.com
2. Create an account or Sign-in.
3. Register your Kroger Plus Card with your account.
4. Click on “My account.”
5. Under “Account Settings” select “Community rewards.”
6. Under “Find your organization” search for Collierville Elementary 1 PTA.
After that you are ready! Now when you swipe your card you are automatically giving back to Collierville Elementary School.
Good Luck Next Year to our 5th Graders!
📝 Citizenship Essay Awards 📝
The theme for the essay was “Celebrate Our Country by…” The second place
winner was Fletcher Woodward and the first place winner was Summit Freidel.
Fair in the Lair Wrap Up
📷 🎨 ✏️Cultural Arts Reflection Awards 📷 🎨 ✏️
• First Place Photography- Mia Woods
• First Place Literature- Loretta Nash
• Second Place Literature- Nolan Guill
• First Place Visual Arts– James Robbins
• Second Place Visual Arts– Sunshine Jordan
• Third Place Visual Arts– Aurelius Ayala Smith
• Fourth Place Visual Arts– Olivia Guill
PTA Lifetime Achievement Award 2021-2022
Memphis In May: Ghana Wrap Up
PTA Board 2022-2023
If you have any questions about any aspect of PTA we are all are just a click away via our CES PTA emails.
|Past President||Milly Mountemail@example.com|
|Vice President||Amanda Cantrellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Affairs/Events||Andrea McGheeemail@example.com|
|Cultural Arts||Cristina Ayala Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dragon Wear||Brittany Stregeremail@example.com|
|Family Events||Autumn Freidelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fundraising Events||Jaime Halupnik/|
|Fundraising Sponsor||Katie Cockrellemail@example.com|
|Health & Safety||Sarah Hightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parent Involvement||Beth Prieur/ Jala Walkeremail@example.com|
|Special Events||Amber Bachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Tenoria Westemail@example.com|
|Member at Large||Whitney Thrower||N/A|
|Member at Large||Ashley Wagner||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
|Member at Large||N/A|
✏️ Box Tops for Education
Participating in the Collierville Elementary Box Tops program is one of the easiest ways to support CES. All money earned from the Box Tops program goes directly to the school. Small amounts can really add up!
No more clipping! No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the new Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
CES-PTA Volunteer Opportunity
We are so excited to be back with our Little Dragons! We may be in need of volunteers this school year pending school safety measures and health precautions. Should the opportunity arise, please consider sharing some time with us.
If you or someone you know would like to help out, please click the button below to fill out the online form.
Thanks so much!
👨👩👧👧 CES PTA Membership Form
We need your help. A strong PTA represents involved parents and families who care about their school and their community. Join the PTA today. The cost is $7.00 per membership.
Our goal is 100% membership in PTA, including parents, teachers and any adult who wants CES to be a strong, positive educational experience. The PTA provides many resources that enhance the quality of our students’ education.
You can support CES by buying one or more PTA memberships for each child you have enrolled at CES.
Click the button below to join the PTA today!
⭐️ CES PTA Sponsorship Form ⭐️
The Collierville Elementary School PTA works to assist our school in providing our children with quality educational opportunities. For this to be accomplished, the financial assistance of community members is essential to reach our goals. In order to achieve our fundraising goal, we need your help. Contributions from the Collierville business community have been a tremendous value to CES. We kindly ask for your assistance this year to help us meet the educational needs of our children. Any amount you are able to donate is very much appreciated. Help our school! Help your business!
There are four levels of sponsorship available. Click below for more information about how to support CES with your sponsorship today!